Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Download: Night Elf Hair Dump + Fixed Brows

If you make Night Elf Sims, you want this post!
The left swatch is for males, the right is for females. Sorry Night Elf Death Knights, I keep forgetting to make your gray. >.< Also, I don't use all the colors in each post - usually either Detonator or Afterburner is left out, depending on how bright the colors seemed. If you passionately want the hair in a color that I skipped, please leave a comment.

All these color actions are by Pooklet except for Undine, which is by AlfredAskew. Most of the textures are by Nouk or Pooklet and were put there by Hat, but I'll tell you for each hair where it came from.

Also, I didn't do the side by side comparisons for every single color like I did last time. Hopefully just seeing the hairs in their Sims 2 glory is good enough!

Female - Gathered


Not a perfect match, but pretty close! All the long braids I found either started at the top or went over the shoulder. This hair was from M&T Sims, and then retextured by Hat and called Elegant Simplicity. It has Detonator instead of Afterburner.

Female - Hairband


The WoW one has a bit more bangs than my version, but it is still close. It was originally made for the Sims 3 by NewSea ("Lola") but Time Paradox at GoS retextured and Pooklet'd naturals of it. This also has Detonator instead of Afterburner.

Female - High Tail


A little bit bouncier, but much better than my original try, which was the Maxis basegame high ponytail. I love the hair framing the sides! This is Skysims hair 161, and I retextured and Pooklet'd it myself. This one has Afterburner instead of Detonator.

Female - High Tails


This one was actually really difficult to find a match, because while there are lots of pigtails, few people stick them on top of their head, and especially not through giant tubes! The bangs are way off, and since Skysims is voodoo there's not much I could do about it, but hopefully it is close enough that you would use it in your game.

Anyway, this is Skysims Hair 199 with the little doodads taken off, and retextred & Pooklet'd by me.

Female - Long


This is slightly asymmetrical in comparison to the WoW hair, but I really liked that it was straight while having some volume, and it went over the back and the front at approximately the same lengths. This hair is Lidiqnata's Maxis Redo, retextured and Pooklet'd by me. (Hat did do this hair, but I didn't like the waves for the night elves.)

Female - Short

I initially grabbed this hair for Illithias, who is an even-butch-er-than-normal Night Elf, and then I realize how closely it matched if you ignored the bangs. This is XMSims Hair61, retextured & Pooklet'd by me.

Male - Chonmage

This isn't an exact match, because again, who stuffs their hair through a giant tube? I figured it worked as a saner real-world equivalent. This is originally from XM Sims, and then was retextured by Hat, called Firstborn Son. Hat tried to make the file smaller by eliminating one of the textures, but it ended up leaving a teeny bald line along the back of the head that drove me nuts, so I added the texture back in. Sorry for the bigger files, but it looks much nicer now!


And finally, if you downloaded my brows before, please download them again! There was an error that caused the younger ages to not display correctly, and it should be fixed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment